George W. Wright
Mr. Wright has extensive experience in transportation litigation
including motor, rail, marine and aviation matters. He also handles cases
involving insurance coverage, reinsurance, employment disputes, products
liability, suretyship, trademark infringement and general liability.
EDUCATION: Monmouth University (B.A. 1976); Hofstra University School of
Law (J.D. 1979).
BAR ADMISSIONS: New York (1980); New Jersey (1981); all federal courts
of New York and New Jersey; United States Courts of Appeals for the First,
Second and Third Circuits; United States Supreme Court.RECENT REPORTED
- Rini v. United Van Lines, Inc., 104 F.3d 502 (1st Cir. 1997)
- Manchester Equipment Co., Inc. v. American Way Moving & Storage Co.,
Inc., 176 F.Supp.2d 239 (D.Del 2001)
- Entrekin v. Fisher Scientific Inc., 146 F.Supp.2d 594 (D.N.J.
- Manchester Equipment Co., Inc. v Mayflower Transit, Inc., 60
F.Supp.2d 3 (E.D.N.Y. 1999)
- Banos v. Eckerd Corp., 997 F.Supp. 756 (E.D.La. 1998)
- United Van Lines, Inc. v. Hellman, 949 F.Supp. 126 (E.D.N.Y.
- Caporicci Footwear, Ltd. v. Roadway Package System, Inc., 894 F.Supp.
265 (E.D.Va. 1995)
- Tirgan v. Roadway Package System, Inc., 1995 WL 21098 (D.N.J.
- Ruffing v. Union Carbide Corp., 720 N.Y.S.2d 328 (Westchester
- "Preserve Carmack Preemption", TrafficWorld (June 16,
- "Slouching Toward A Morass: The Case for Preserving Complete Carmack
Preemption", 1 DePaul Bus. & Comm. L.J. 177 (Winter, 2003)
- "Punitive Damages Under the Carmack Amendment", 62 J. Transp. L.
Logist & Pol'y. 442 (1995)
- Co-author Marine and Inland Marine Insurance, 47 New York Insurance
Law, Matthew Bender (1991)
- Survey of U.S. pollution cases reported in London insurance
periodical Reactions (Sept. 1988)
- Association for Transportation Law, Logistics and Policy
- Commercial Law League of America
- Conference of Freight Counsel (Chairman)
- Maritime Law Association
- New Jersey Defense Association
- New Jersey Motor Truck Association
- Safety and Loss Prevention Management Council, American Trucking
- Transportation Lawyers Association
- Trucking Industry Defense Association